If you have a tendency to put things off, here are 5 things you can do to beat procrastination and enjoy a happier, more fulfilling life:
1. Make a decision
Just like right and left, up and down, hot and cold, there’s procrastinate and decide.
2. Identify the patterns
- On one sheet: elaborate on how you procrastinate—what you do, when you do it, etc.
One of the common symptom of it is you always say to yourself "you will do it better the next day"
- On the other sheet: What would be the exact opposite of that?”
- Read and rewrite what you wrote on the second sheet every day until you notice that you’re no longer procrastinating.
3. Break it down
Sometimes we procrastinate because we don’t know where to begin. Break large projects into milestones, and then into small, actionable steps
4. Stop trying to be perfect.
Perfectionism is an illusion that slows you down and prevents you from reaching your goal. Act quickly, doing the best you can.
5. Celebrate small wins and keep gratitude journey
When you accomplish something you want to put off, reward yourself. Take a coffee or tea break, go to a movie, or eat at a restaurant you’ve been wanting to check out. Do whatever will make you feel good about overcoming the procrastination.
You see, expressing gratitude isn’t only for things that have already happened. Being grateful for things that you want and expect to happen raises your vibration, and thereby helps you get the results you want.