'be the leaders' COMPETITION
'BE THE LEADERS' competition is a part of leadership development programs of EmpowerLeaders community to empower future leaders by enhancing essential leadership capabilities and identities such as Creativity, Communication, Collaboration
Organizing community: EmpowerLeaders community
Hosting team: Jen’s leadership team - Hoa, Trang, Giang, Tho, Nhung, Ceri, Camilo
'Be The Leaders'
Empower YOUR leadership potential:
1. Create a supportive challenging environment for potential leaders to tap into their leadership potential by devolving in 3 essential capabilities/identities:
2. Growth is more important than result, and experience is more precious than ranking
1. The competition is categorized into 5 groups: each group includes: one middle or High school pupil, one University student, one working person and one entrepreneur or manager or leader of an organisation
2. There are four stages of competition:
First round – interviewing (before the contest takes place)
Second round - Creativity
Third round –Communication
Final – Collaboration
To ensure the fairness and transparency in the selection process, we have 5 judges coming from different areas, countries and holding different positions
register to be a participant
process of participating in the competition
- Each contestant receives a set of personal development tools and books
- The winning team receives scholarships to attend leadership development courses of EmpowerLeaders academy worth 500USD each and many more awards from sponsors
- All contestants will have chances to be part of the future leaders community
- All participants will receive pariticpant certifications of EmpowerLeaders academy
leadership development program
"It is impossible. Be realistic. Remember you are just a girl from the countryside. Stay home, get married and have a bus load of kids.”
That’s what people always told me when they heard about my dream of studying abroad to open my mind and learn how to help people.
But I was the most stubborn kid in my village. And I stubbornly believed ‘IMPOSSIBLE’ had a second better spelling: "I'M POSSIBLE.’ I was determined to live my life my way. I was a Vietnamese country kid who applied to University, won a scholarship to work Samsung in Vietnam and then Dell in Malaysia, won scholarships to study in Spain and the UK, and never quit my dream.
Living and working with people from all walks of life, I have seen inspiring stories of people who have succeeded in life despite their backgrounds and circumstances. I realized they all shared a common characteristic: their empowering mindset and determined action to develop themselves and contribute to society. They all believed 'IMPOSSIBLE' was 'I'M POSSIBLE'.
I am upset to see young people - especially in developing countries like Vietnam - limiting themselves by the social norm of life being just working a job and getting married to produce children. I am upset to see those potential leaders trapped in the same routines of every-day life. I am upset to see their passion for a better life limited by the numbers on their paycheck.
This project therefore, is devoted to empower young people to unleash their potential and passion to be more and contribute more - to lead their lives and lead the world to be a better place.
We are an organization based in Vietnam that functions as a community providing people-training on personal development and leadership development. We want to expand to other Asian countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Thailand or India and build (and maintain!) connections with western countries like the UK, the United States, Spain or Germany.
We already have the experience, passion, and the network of people. We created this crowd-funding campaign to find the financial we need to translate our mission into real action to impact everyone's life. We believe in what we do and we want our friends to believe that they, through their contribution, will make a difference for young people all around the world. And with their help, it will not just be a belief. We will all make a change.